A performance artist, Choreographer, Yoga teacher, Dance thearpist and an educator, Shashikala Reddy founded KalaTattva in 2017 with an intention to explore, experiment , study & inculcate various aspects of performance arts, yoga & body work not just as a form of physical exercise & entertainment but as a holistic approach for the well being of mind & body.
Shashikala is an artist with grace, aptitude, dedication, discipline & love for her work. Her approachable & friendly personality makes her a favourite teacher/coach amongst her practitioners & clients. Her ability to understand the requirements of her clients & work with spontaneity is a plus point.
Learnings so far:
- Shashikala is trained in various dance forms like Bharatanatyam (Mudrika foundation for performing arts, Swastika School of dance & music), contemporary(Attakallari centre for movement arts, Shiamak Davar institute of performing arts) Latin-American & Modern (studio 5678 & I can Dance 2) Improvisation & Authentic movement (SMART, Katie Duck(Amsterdam),Tripura Kashyap).
- Foundation course in Expressive arts therapy (SMART, Bangalore)
- Hatha yoga (Bharath Shetty- Yoga Indea, Mysore), Vinyasa (Ramesh Kumar- Mysore, Yoga Retreat- Thailand, Angeline Liew & Raymond Lim – Pranayoga KL, Malaysia) Prenatal & postnatal yoga (Angeline Liew, Pranayoga KL, Malaysia)
- Zumba from Zumba International
- Kalaripayattu from Kalari Institute of performing arts, Bangalore
Shashi has worked as a teacher/performer & teacher with various schools, dance companies, organisations & corporate companies. She has the experience of working with children as well as adults. She has worked & continues to work with people coming from varied personal, cultural, national & professional backgrounds. She has the experience of working with children